Rotax Advice & Tech Support

All about sport and recreational flying.
NirenChotoki
Silver 1 - Fewer than 50 posts

Rotax Advice & Tech Support

Post by NirenChotoki » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:26 am

Both Mo and I from Comet Aviation Supplies will be available for any advice or technical issues about Rotax Aircraft Engines.

Regards
Niren Chotoki

Athol Terence
Silver 2 - 50 Posts
Silver 2 - 50 Posts

Re: Rotax Advice & Tech Support

Post by Athol Terence » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:46 am

Hi Niren, you are probably the most qualified person in Southern Africa to instruct on and represent Rotax aircraft engines. Therefore your technical support is very important to all those pilots who own Rotax powered aircraft. :D

Greg Vos

Post by Greg Vos » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi Niren
This is a great thread you have started.
Please can you tell me where you stand (Rotax/Comet) regarding the engines that get fitted to certain gyro copters that do not have the Rotax approved turbo charger (garret) some gyro companies are making modifications to Rotax engines and claiming huge power gain?

When I question who will hold the warranty if these engines give trouble and the gyro copter is in SA these gyro copters coming in say from Poland the manufacturer is saying they will hold the warranty? In the past with a certain gyro from Poland the warrenty and claims process was questionable.
Ppl (A)
Ppl (H)
CFI gyrocopter

NirenChotoki

Post by NirenChotoki » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello Greg,

The Rotax warranty conditions don't allow for Unapproved modifications and the installation of after-market turbo chargers, as an example, will void the warranty. I suggest that owners of aircraft installed with modified Rotax engines get their suppliers, or the manufacturer of the aircraft, to provide details of the warranty in writing. Unfortunately as a Rotax Distributor we are unable to provide any warranty support for such engines.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news for owners of such modified engines.

Best Regards
Niren Chotoki
Comet Aviation Supplies