Opening of NAC & Ultimate Heli’s new heliport

Matters involving the world of helicopters and helicopter pilots.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Opening of NAC & Ultimate Heli’s new heliport

Post by admin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:36 am

On Sunday 9 December Ultimate Heli and National Airways Corporation (NAC) opened the brand new Ultimate Heliport situated south of Grand Central airport and adjacent to the M1 highway. This new state of the art facility is just inside the Grand Central CTR, but much lower than the airport itself. I was told that this heliport cast somewhere between R65 and R70 million to develop and build. There is no doubt that a facility such as this, which is well positioned to all the major access routes and superbly designed will attract plenty of helicopter owners to get away from normal airport politics. More about this facility in the February 2019 edition of African Pilot.

Witzenberg
Silver 1 - Fewer than 50 posts

Re: Opening of NAC & Ultimate Heli’s new heliport

Post by Witzenberg » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:29 pm

As a middle aged Saffer who is finally getting to do his PPL-H (in the UK sadly) I am delighted to see such a good investment up there in Gauteng. Can only be good for the aviation and the heli business in South Africa which is very heartening.

One silly question from this rotary ingenue, I see the ubiquitous R44 is being used for training by the NAC folks. How good are small piston engined helicopters for training in the hot and high conditions up there in Johhanesburg?

Witz

Timothyfleen

Opening of NAC Ultimate Heli’s new heliport

Post by Timothyfleen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:34 am

On that topic how much weight do operators put in your fixed wing experience if transferring to heli flying?